With an estimated $50 billion to be spent over the next five years, cost implications to Ship Owners/ Operators are going to be a challenge. The cost, installation and operation of BWT Systems is of serious concern to the industry as well as keeping in line with new regulations set by the IMO and the USCG.
The two day conference will allow all attendees to share their knowledge and experience. Speakers will discuss the most relevant challenges within the market to insure long term effective solutions from keeping to regulations and guidelines all the way through to ensuing crew competence for the treatment systems.
ACI’s 18th Ballast Water Management Summit will provide essential, expert guidance to shipowner/operators on how to prepare for and manage the BWT Systems in terms of selection, installation and technical operations, as well as advice on compliance, PSC and regulation once the convention is in place. The conference will also address Type Approval and system excellences for the BWT System Manufacturers.
- Advancements in Regulatory Requirements
- Compliance & Keeping to BWM deadlines
- Port State Control – Testing & Compliance
- Updates on Ready to Use Solutions
- Ship owner’s Experience with BWT Systems
- Optimisation of Ballast Water Retrofits
- Effectively Managing Installation / Shipyard’s Readiness & Selection
- BWM System Operability, Maintenance & Lifecycle Issues
- Financing BWM Systems
- Ensuring Crew Competence